CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Jayce Isaac

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Jay Jay

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, May 4, 2009

Week 22- California here we come!

At 11 inches (the length of a spaghetti squash) and almost 1 pound, your baby is starting to look like a miniature newborn. His lips, eyelids, and eyebrows are becoming more distinct, and he's even developing tiny tooth buds beneath his gums. His eyes have formed, but his irises (the colored part of the eye) still lack pigment. If you could see inside your womb, you'd be able to spot the fine hair (lanugo) that covers his body and the deep wrinkles on his skin, which he'll sport until he adds a padding of fat to fill them in. Inside his belly, his pancreas — essential for the production of some important hormones — is developing steadily.(Babycenter.com)

I had my monthly appointment with my doctor today and found out that I have to do the dreaded diabetes test on June 1st, my next appointment. They sent me home with a jar of the stuff to drink before I come and I am definitely not looking forward to it!! But on a good note we got to hear Jay's heartbeat and he was a strong 154!!:) I think he was sleeping because last time we heard it it was in the low 170s and high 160s. He should be sleeping because he was awfully active last night! We could feel him from the outside where he was either kicking or poking me, not sure which it was. I love being able to feel him and have Randy be able to feel him poke me as well! It's the neatest thing in the entire world. I can definitely tell his kicks and pushes are getting much much stronger than when I first felt him.
Randy and I leave for our vacation tomorrow morning so please keep us in your prayers while we travel! We are so excited to be gone for a week and to just relax and enjoy our week off from work! It'll be great to see his older brother Brian, and sister in law Shannon, as well as our sweet niece Mersadie! My day can't go quick enough since I can't wait to get there!!!

1 comments:

Karen said...

Have a wonderful trip! Then come back and tell us all about it! :)