CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Jayce Isaac

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Jay Jay

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

12 weeks- Almost out of the 1st Trimester and update on appointment




The most dramatic development this week: reflexes. Your baby's fingers will soon begin to open and close, his toes will curl, his eye muscles will clench, and his mouth will make sucking movements. In fact, if you prod your abdomen, your baby will squirm in response, although you won't be able to feel it. His intestines, which have grown so fast that they protrude into the umbilical cord, will start to move into his abdominal cavity about now, and his kidneys will begin excreting urine into his bladder.Meanwhile, nerve cells are multiplying rapidly, and in your baby's brain, synapses are forming furiously. His face looks unquestionably human: His eyes have moved from the sides to the front of his head, and his ears are right where they should be. From crown to rump, your baby-to-be is just over 2 inches long (about the size of a lime) and weighs half an ounce.( Babycenter.com)

Update: I had my 12 week appointment today and went to a different doctor in my practice and unfortunately didn't get to do the ultrasound, but I did get to hear the heartbeat which was the most amazing thing. Talk about hormones, it definitely made me cry. The lady put the instrument on my belly and we sat there for a second and automatically heard that little heart beat thump thumping away. They said the baby's heartbeat was 174 beats! Wowie is that fast!! I looked over at Randy and he just began to grin from ear to ear. How could anyone not love that little baby?! The entire thing just makes everything more real to me and I am in awe of the blessing God has given me with this little baby. The doctor said everything looks great and they plan on doing the ultrasound to find out the sex of the baby between 18-20 weeks so I can't wait to see my little baby and find out if the baby is a boy or a girl. My next appointment though is sceduled for March 24th which will just be routine but hopefully I'll get to hear the heartbeat again!

I'm still feeling great, eating still every two hours. The doctor asked me how do you feel and I just said I've never felt better in my life and that is the truth. I'm so very thankful to have this little baby and my wonderful husband and am so excited about this little family we have together. God is good!

3 comments:

Kimberly Pitman said...

Glad you're feeling so great.

I'll agree that hearing the heartbeat is about as awesome as it gets at that stage. Somehow, it makes the pregnancy so vividly real.

Shannon said...

Amy - so glad to hear things are going so well! Hearing the heartbeat is awesome - I remember Brian and I just laughing with excitement too! Hey - I think we're going to be coming to visit at the end of July - I would love to be able to take some pictures of you and Randy and your belly!! You wanna?

Amy said...

I believe Randy and I are coming down to see you guys with Sharon and Randy in May so it'll be great to see you guys then:) I don't know if you'll still be coming downt he end of july but I would love to do pictures with Randy, myself, and the baby belly:) Can't wait to see you guys in May!