CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Jayce Isaac

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Jay Jay

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

19 weeks- My baby boy is getting soo big!!

Your baby's sensory development is exploding! His brain is designating specialized areas for smell, taste, hearing, vision, and touch. Some research suggests that he may be able to hear your voice now, so don't be shy about reading aloud, talking to him, or singing a happy tune if the mood strikes you.Your baby weighs about 8 1/2 ounces and measures 6 inches, head to bottom — about the size of a mango. His arms and legs are in the right proportions to each other and the rest of his body now. His kidneys continue to make urine and the hair on his scalp is sprouting. A waxy protective coating called the vernix caseosa is forming on his skin to prevent it from pickling in the amniotic fluid.

Wow it's hard to believe I am now 19 weeks pregnant! Boy has time flown!!! Randy and I were very busy this weekend so there's lots to update. First of all since we found out we're having a boy we decided to register this weekend to get that out of the way. Plus the choir at our church is throwing us a baby shower on June 13th for the church to come to so I knew I needed to get my registry ready for when they announce the shower in church. I will be having one more shower sometime in early august or late july that will be my friends and family shower. So for anyone that would like to check out what I've registered for you can go to http://www.babiesrus.com/ and just enter my name or randy's name and you should find us under our due date 9/9/09.

For other news we celebrated Easter this Sunday and we had amazing services at church! We had over 700 people in attendance, praise the Lord!! Pastor also announced this sunday that Randy and I will be taking over the church's college and young married's ministry as well as continuing our services as children's pastor. So we will definitely have our hands full but we are super excited about all that God has planned and know that he has amazing things in store.

My mom fixed an amazing Easter lunch for us and we had an easter egg hunt for my niece Brooke and nephews Will and Wyatt. They were so cute watching them going hunting for those easter eggs. It's so hard to believe that soon Randy and I will have a little one to go hunting for eggs and making each holiday special for our little one. Also my sister in law JoAnna and brother Jeremy bought little Jay two outfits which are adorable! I took a picture of them and plan on posting them soon. Also my Mother-in-law and Father-in-law bought little Jay a little bath robe as well as two outfits and those will be placed on the website as soon as I can post them. Thank you everyone that has already bought Jay some things. I can't wait until he's here and he can wear all of them!!
Lastly, Randy and I are so blessed with everything in our lives and I just can't say enough of how grateful I am that God has blessed us with so many things. I can't imagine my life without God in it and I know Randy could say the same thing.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Amy...a little boy! So sweet!! I'm so excited for you and Randy! Big Congrats!!

Amy said...

Thank you so much! Cant wait to hear what you are expecting:)