CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Jayce Isaac

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Jay Jay

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

15 weeks- How time has flown!

Your growing baby now measures about 4 inches long, crown to rump, and weighs in at about 2 1/2 ounces (about the size of an apple). She's busy moving amniotic fluid through her nose and upper respiratory tract, which helps the primitive air sacs in her lungs begin to develop. Her legs are growing longer than her arms now, and she can move all of her joints and limbs. Although her eyelids are still fused shut, she can sense light. If you shine a flashlight at your tummy, for instance, she's likely to move away from the beam. There's not much for your baby to taste at this point, but she is forming taste buds. Finally, if you have an ultrasound this week, you may be able to find out whether your baby's a boy or a girl! (Don't be too disappointed if it remains a mystery, though. Nailing down your baby's sex depends on the clarity of the picture and on your baby's position. He or she may be modestly curled up or turned in such a way as to "hide the goods.") (Babycenter.com)

I have one week and I get to hear my baby's heartbeat again and do my routine checkup! I can't wait to hear that little heartbeat again and schedule when my ultrasound will be to see my baby. Everythings still going great, I have noticed an increase in my appetite in the past week or so which I'm thinking is fairly normal at this point. My cravings I've had so far have been cucumbers and strawberries with chocolate syrup. Obviously not together! I've decided I'm going to tell a little story of what I did a few weeks ago that I'm not proud of. I decided I was going to make banana nut bread and with that bread I use sweetened condensed milk to put in the bread. Well while making the bread I happened to get a little bit of the sweetened milk on my finger and just had to try it, which I did, and I took more and more out until I finally realized I had ate the entire remains of what was left in the can. That's right folks I ate half a can of sweetened condensed milk! No I am not proud of my feat and neither was my belly an hour later but boy was it good! Unfortunately by the time the bread was done I wanted nothing to do with banana nut bread. Thankfully Randy ate the bread.

6 comments:

Lisa said...

That milks is sickly sweet, how could you eat half a can!?! Ugh- I guess until I go through it I'll never understand pregnacy cravings =)

Karen said...

Too funny. I think I could have probably do that without having pregnancy for an excuse.

Just remember never to eat cucumbers with milk - when mixed they are toxic. (No joke - it's true)

Shannon said...

I didn't know you had such a sweet tooth! Wow - I LOVE sweet things, but even sweetend condensed milk is too much for me - it's gotta be that baby! Enjoy every second of being able to have an excuse for everything you do. Most people are understanding WHILE you are pregnant. Afterwards it's a whole new ball game! Love ya!

Amy said...

I have never heard of the cucumbers with milk thing. Yay the sweet tooth is definitely here with this baby. I looooove sweets now and never really had that before the baby. I am definitely enjoying every moment of this pregnancy:)

Kimberly Pitman said...

I predict a sweet little butterball will be popping out of that oven if the sweet tooth continues to dictate the food choices. :)

(I'm glad Randy enjoyed the banana bread. Such a shame for something so yummy to go to waste.)

Anonymous said...

Must be a girl! ;-) I totally lost my sweet tooth and now go for the chips more often! I was all about SWEETS, SWEETS, SWEETS before!! LOL!