CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Jayce Isaac

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Jay Jay

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

37 Weeks- Full Term Baby

Congratulations- your baby is full term! This means that if your baby arrives now, his lungs should be fully mature and ready to adjust to life outside the womb, even though your due date is still three weeks away.
Your baby weighs 6 1/3 pounds and measures a bit over 19 inches, head to heel. Many babies have a full head of hair at birth, with locks from 1/2 inch to 1 1/2 inches long. But don't be surprised if your baby's hair isn't the same color as yours. Dark-haired couples are sometimes thrown for a loop when their children come out as blonds or redheads, and fair-haired couples have been surprised by Elvis look-alikes. And then, of course, some babies sport only peach fuzz.
Braxton hicks contractions may be coming more frequently now and may last longer and be more uncomfortable. It may be harder than ever to get comfortable enough to sleep well at night. If you can, take it easy through the day-this may be your last chance to do so for quite a while. Keep monitoring your baby's movements too and let your caregiver know immediately if you notice a decrease. (babycenter.com)


37 weeks wow!!! I can't believe how time has flown. It's crazy that anytime I could be seeing my baby enter this world! I have been feeling more and more braxton hicks and they seem to have been increasing in intensity. I have a feeling there nothing like what the "real" labor pains will be but I can definitely feel my body getting ready for the big day. I have also noticed it becoming harder and harder to get up and also harder and harder to sleep. I wake up now two-three times a night. I'm so excited though. All of these signs just point to labor becoming closer and closer.
Randy's brother is leaving for college this wednesday morning so I am praying that while his parents drive him down there that I will not go into labor. I really want Sharon and Randy to be able to make it for the baby's birth. They will be getting back in town around tuesday so please pray that this baby stays in my belly for just a little bit longer.

0 comments: