CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Jayce Isaac

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Jay Jay

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Week 36- 9 months mark




Your baby is still packing on the pounds- at the rate of about an ounce a day. He now weighs almost 6 pounds and is more than 18 1/2 inches long. He's shedding most of the downy covering of hair that covered his body as well as the vernix caseosa, the waxy substance that covered and protected his skin during his nine-month amniotic bath. Your baby swallows both of these substances, along with other secretions, resulting in a blackish mixture, called meconium, will form the contents of his first bowel movement. At the end of this week, your baby will be considered full-term. Most likely he's in a head-down position. But if he isn't, your practitioner may suggest scheduling at "external cephalic version" which is a fancy way of saying she'll try to coax your baby into a head-down position by manipulating him from the outside of your belly. (babycenter.com)
I had my 36 week appointment today and everything looks great the doctor said. Jay's head down and I am 1 cm dialated and 30% effaced! Yay:) I could tell for the past two weeks that something was going on because I felt more pressure and it is getting more and more uncomfortable to walk. I believe he's dropped a little bit as well because I don't feel him up in my ribs anymore, instead I feel him lower. My Dr said that it is just a waiting game and he can come at anytime now. I also had my strep test done and should have the results on that soon.
I've packed Jay's diaper bag so he is ready to go for when I go into labor. Tonight I plan on packing as much as I can for my bag for when I go into labor. I just want to have everything ready so he can come at anytime.
My husband and I celebrated our 4 year anniversary last Thursday and he surprised me with my Nikon D40 camera that I have been dreaming about and wanting for quite awhile. My husband is such a great guy!! I'm so excited because now I will be able to take beautiful clear pictures of my baby when he comes. I have noticed some slight swelling lately but not much so I feel like overall things are going great. I have an appointment set on Thursday to get my haircut so as soon as I get it cut I will take some pictures and post them on here for people to see.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

packing the bags!!!! you are so almost there! i can't wait for jaxen to get out of my ribs! he's killing me lately. you're like a week and a half ahead of me so who knows...we could go pretty close together! i love the pics of jay's nursery! adorable!

Amy said...

Thank you so much:) It's very exciting how close we are getting! I can't wait to see my precious baby.