CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Jayce Isaac

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Jay Jay

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Week 26


The network of nerves in your baby's ears is better developed and more sensitive than before. He may now be able to hear both your voice and your partner's as you chat with each other. He's inhaling and exhaling small amounts of amniotic fluid, which is essential for the development of his lungs. These so-called breathing movements are also good practice for when he's born and takes that first gulp of air. And he's continuing to put on baby fat. He now weighs about a pound and two-thirds and measures 14 inches (an English hothouse cucumber) from head to heel. If you're having a boy, his testicles are beginning to descend into his scrotum — a trip that will take about two to three days.
I had my most recent appointment yesterday and I had the one hour dreaded glucose test. Honestly the orange drink wasn't so bad. Now I wouldn't drink the stuff everyday but for what I had to do the drink wasn't bad. Unfortunately I failed the first test by only by a few points so now I have to do the 3 hour glucose test:( Which is more like four hours with all the stuff they have to do. So on saturday I will have the test. My doctor said that it is very common to fail the first test and pass the first one and since I only failed the test by a few points she thinks there will be no problem. Oh well we will see! My first baby shower is coming up super super fast. My choir director and choir is throwing me a shower at my church and will be on the 13th. I am sooo excited and can't wait! Also below you will see a picture I have taken forever to post. This one is my 22nd week picture...I'm a little behind unfortunately! This is a picture I took while I was on my vacation last month. I plan on taking an updated picture today and posting tomorrow hopefully! So stay tuned!

2 comments:

Kimberly Pitman said...

Oh, shoot. I don't have time to scroll down and read all of your previous blog posts to find the one I want. However, I was just wondering if that orange drink tasted anything like all that sweet dough or whatever it was that you ate back at the start of your pregnancy. :)

On a more serious note, I'm glad that the failure was only by a few points. I'm sure all is fine and that the next test will confirm it.

Love from your auntie

Amy said...

Lol no the sweet drink didn't taste like sweetened condensed milk:) It tasted more like orange cola. Granted I wouldn't drink it every day if I could but it wasn't too bad!